During vacation, retreats, and picnics, people engage in various activities and sports. This enhances bonding with family and friends as well as improving cooperation skills among team members.
Sports also reduce stress, builds healthy muscles, increases fitness, improve sleep and also slows down aging. We have many sports on the list today. Climbing is one of those sports that offers both mental and physical challenges. If you are planning for a weekend out with friends or just a day out, you would definitely have climbing on top of your list of activities.
The 13 Best Climbing Shorts In 2020:
- 1. PrAna Mojo Climbing Shorts
- 2. PrAna Stretch Zion Climbing Shorts
- 3. Arc’teryx perimeter Climbing Shorts
- 4. Mountain Hard Wear Castil Shorts.
- 5. Black Diamond Men’s Credo Shorts
- 6. Arc’teryx Women’s Parapet Shorts
- 7. Women’s Millennial G Short
- 8. Women’s Rocket Dry G Short.
- 9. La Sportiva Escape Short
- 10 Prana Asha Shorts
- 11. La Sportiva Siurana Women’s Shorts
- 12. The Chini Shorts
- 13. Patagonia Women’s Rock Craft Shorts
For effective climbing, carry with you the best garb for your use. In case you are climbing in hot weather, you will need to have the best climbing short so as to avoid sweating and discomfort. This article will guide you through the entire process of choosing the perfect shorts for your climbing adventures.
Reviews Of The Best Climbing Shorts for Men
1. PrAna Mojo Climbing Shorts
The Prana Mojo is our number one short for men to use in all your climbing, hiking and yoga.This iconic prana short is comfortable; you can also wear it as an active or casual outfit or even as dinner wear.
It is made of lightweight poly microfiber, and the elastic band keeps it secure. The elasticized waist on Mojo Shorts is just awesome. You don’t get rubbing from your pack and also fits under your harness without bunching up. They don’t restrict movement because of their higher cut. Besides they are also durable.
- Quick drying.
- Plush elastic waistband.
- Mesh-lined front pockets.
- Full inseam gussets.
- 100% polyester.
2. PrAna Stretch Zion Climbing Shorts
From the look of things, the Prana Stretch Zion shorts will fill all your outdoor rock climbing activities. It is a smart short for men made from original stretch Zion fabric that makes it comfortable and durable. It is also quick drying. For a well informed decision, also take a look at some of its key features
- Mesh pockets and ventilated free range gussets that keeps you from overheating while allowing a complete range of motion.
- Abrasion-resistant stretch Zion performance fabric that makes this short has a durable water repellent (DWR) finish that resists water and stains.
- UPF 50+ Ultraviolet protection.
- Cut just above the knee.
- Angled dual entry cargo pocket.
- Streamlined adjustable waistband that provides a comfortable fit and doesn’t slip.
- 10 inch inseam.
3. Arc’teryx perimeter Climbing Shorts
Give the ease of moving midweight arc’teryx perimeter shorts a shot in your next climbing adventure. It is a well-articulated hiking short designed and patterned from a midweight stretch nylon fabric for enhanced freedom of movement and comfort. They are breathable, quick drying, and the perfect summer addition.
- Stretchy fabric which is lightweight and breathable and allows you to move freely.
- Gusseted crotch provides freedom of movement.
- Wide comfortable waistband.
- Two hand pockets; two rear pockets; thigh pocket with zip.
4. Mountain Hard Wear Castil Shorts.
Mountain hardwear castil casual shorts boast technical performance for climbing and travel.
Castil shorts are made from lightweight but tough ripstop nylon fabric which makes the shorts durable , dry quickly and easy to wash and wear. Moreover, this pair of shorts has a durable water repellent finish that resists moisture and stains. They also come with the following features;
- Hidden zippered side pocket.
- UPF-40 sun protection.
- 10 inch inseam.
- Mini Ripstop with DWR (100%NYLON).
- Two secure cargo pockets with Velcro closures and a pull-tab for easy access.
- Two back pockets to hold keys, ID and other valuables.
5. Black Diamond Men’s Credo Shorts
The black diamond credo short is an elastic and durable man’s climbing short. It allows maximum freedom of movement which is essential in your choice of the best climbing, hiking or travel short. It comes with the following features
- Integrated adjustable belt.
- Two hand pockets.
- Cargo pocket on the thigh.
- Stride length; 14 inch.
Best Climbing Shorts for Women
6. Arc’teryx Women’s Parapet Shorts
The Arc’teryx women’s shorts are motion friendly due to its lightweight nature. What’s more? They are quite breathable for wearing during warm weather. Besides, the shorts feature an UPF-50 fabric that blocks harmful UVA and UVB rays making them suitable for climbing, trekking, hiking, and traveling. It’s also good to note that all measurements vary with size. These are definitely the best Women Climbing Shorts.
- They are lightweight, breathable and durable.
- Quick drying shorts made of a nylon/spandex fabric that breathes well and feels soft on the skin. Spandex adds nice stretch for comfortable mobility.
- Wide waistbands with a zipper fly with two snap closure.
- Two hand pockets and two back pockets for easy storage.
- They have a relaxed, easy going fit.
7. Women’s Millennial G Short
The Millennial G Shorts come in sweet summer colors and different sizes for your fit. Made of an amazingly soft organic stretch to ensure climbers get the right amount of coverage. They offer freedom of movement due to their relaxed fit that’s also ideal for warmer temperatures. You definitely need to try out these shorts during your next climbing session.
- Flexible waistband.
- Adjustable belt.
- Sewn-on belt loop.
- Faux fly.
- Deep on seam pockets, back welt pockets.
- Machine wash/dry.
- 98% Organic cotton, 2% spandex.
8. Women’s Rocket Dry G Short.
The Rocket Dry G Short is yet another great women’s climbing short that is available in different colors and sizes. Below are some of the features that make these shorts look great.
- 100% Nylon
- Rear pockets with velcro closure
- Freestyle comfort fit
- Flex fit elastic waistband
- EZ Cinch nylon belt with lock and release buckle.
- Diamond gusset for freedom of movement.
9. La Sportiva Escape Short
La Sportiva is one of the most popular brands in the climbing niche. This means you cannot go wrong with the La Sportiva Escape Shorts. These shorts come with an elastic waistband and down string pairing which allows for a perfect fit. Besides, they are designed with rock climbing movement in mind.
- Gusseted crotch construction
- Two front pockets
- One back pocket
- Five inch inseam
10 Prana Asha Shorts
To make that crux move or hike to that far view point in comfort, you need these stretchy shorts made of durable Zion fabric from Prana.
- Quick drying nylon with a touch of spandex for stretch.
- Durable water repellent finish which causes water to bead up and roll off.
- Comes in various colors and sizes
- Front and back pockets.
11. La Sportiva Siurana Women’s Shorts
This is a super cute and comfortable pair of shorts. They come in sweet and incredible flattering colors. Besides, they have a nice women’s fit which helps to maximize climbing and hiking performance. They come as a combination of cotton/spandex fabric that offers unobstructed freedom of movement. They are mid-weight, durable, versatile and extremely durable.
- Comfort waist.
- Adjustable waistband.
- Folded bottom hem construction.
- Integrated toothbrush pocket.
- Integrated stash pocket.
- 30cm (11.8inch) inseam length.
- 97%cotton twill weave, 3%spandex.
12. The Chini Shorts
The Chini shorts happen to unique climbing shorts. Today, these shorts come with an adjustable tab meaning that you can wear them long or short depending on your active needs. They are made for people who love outdoor activities. What’s more? These sustainable organic cotton shorts are stylish, functional, and versatile. Besides, they’re designed for climbing but also perfect to wear day-to-day.
- Bias cut crotch panel. This has got your decency covered when climbing or scaling a boulder.
- Large back pocket and two side pockets for all your bits and bobs.
- Super-secret internal striped facings (we’ll never tell).
- Long leg enough to sit well under a climbing harness.
- Side tab with a button to roll them up for a shorter version.
- Deep side pockets and a secure extra flat back zip pocket for valuables.
- 97%organic cotton/3%elastane twill
- It comes in different colors and sizes.
13. Patagonia Women’s Rock Craft Shorts
The Patagonia Rock also makes a great climbing short especially because of its stretchable nature. From the look of it, it’s a beautiful outfit that comes in various colors and sizes. These shorts make a perfect outfit for your outdoor adventures.
- 96%nylon/4%spandex with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- 40-UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) sun protection that blocks harmful UV radiation.
- Stretchy for easy movement
- Fast drying.
- Nylon/spandex fabric glides over sweaty skin.
- Gusseted crotch for freedom of movement.
- Two front and two rear flap pockets with snap closure.
- 5 inch inseam.
Factors To Consider When Purchasing Climbing Shorts
The possibility of choosing the best shorts for climbing is high when you take the following factors into consideration.
I suppose you want a lasting outfit to get you covered for those many climbing activities you have planned. Of course, you will be getting them wet, sitting on rough ground in them, hiking miles on dirty and muddy trails, and generally using them in the most demanding ways possible. They need to be tough; they need to take you through multiple seasons of climbing and outdoor activities. They need to be durable. Anything short of this, please don’t go for it because it will be a total waste of money.
Ease of movement
Climbing and bouldering require you to move your body in haphazard ways which include high steps, heel hooks, hand foot matches, cutting feet and other complex techniques. This means that you need to move with ease and the short you are wearing should not interfere with or restrict the movement of your legs. Good climbing shorts should be designed with ease of movement in mind.
Comfort should be the utmost consideration to take while purchasing climbing shorts. Uncomfortable shorts will restrict your movement, they can interfere with your ability to concentrate on your climbing and generally make the whole adventure boring.
Having considered the above top factors, I would like to take you through some of the best climbing shorts in the market today for both men and women. Let’s take men’s climbing shorts as our first choice.
Other Climbing Gear
I have given you a review of the few and quite the best climbing shorts in the market today. You are well guided and can now make a decision that suits your need.